A Fall Granny Square Blanket is a free crochet pattern by Nana’s Crafty Home!
This fall-themed crochet granny square blanket has 9 unique and cute squares, including a pumpkin, pilgrims, scarecrows, turkey, acorn and fall flowers. These fall themed squares are absolutely delightful and whimsical and they truly capture all the fun of autumn!
The individual fall themed granny squares are great for mix and match autumn fun! Pick your favorites and make a unique and perfect for you fall afghan. The squares would also make adorable pillows, too. Perfect fall fun home decor!
This fall-themed crochet granny square blanket, adorned with 9 unique squares is not only a cozy and functional piece but also a whimsical work of art that brings the spirit of autumn into your home. It’s sure to be a cherished item for years to come, evoking fond memories of the fall season.
Fall Granny Square Blanket Pattern Details
The color palette for this fall-themed granny square blanket features a neutral cream background which allows the deep orange, rustic red, golden yellow, warm browns, and mossy green to really stand out. These colors harmonize so nicely together creating a cozy and inviting representation of the fall season.
You may already be familiar with the style of this large square from my two previous designs – the Christmas Granny Square Blanket and the Easter Granny Square Blanket. Each large square begins with several rounds of double crochet stitches worked as a circle. The circles are worked with standard increases throughout just offsetting the increases so you end up with a perfect round circle.
The circle is then “squared” off to make joining easier. Each individual square ends up with an approximate measurement of 14″ x 14″. Perfect for pillows, too!
There are 9 unique fall themed squares in this blanket. Each crochet square will be released as free patterns individually on the blog. This post will be updated with links as the individual squares are released so be sure to bookmark this page! The schedule for release will be as follows:
1. Sunflower Square 10/02 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/crochet-sunflower-square/
2. Pumpkin Square 10/04 Now on the blog; https://nanascraftyhome.com/crochet-pumpkin-square/
3. Turkey Square 10/06 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/free-crochet-turkey-pattern/
4. Scarecrow Square 10/09 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/crochet-scarecrow-square/
5. Girl Scarecrow Square 10/11 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/crochet-girl-scarecrow-square/
6. Pilgrim Man Square 10/13 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/crochet-pilgrim-square/
7. Pilgrim Woman Square 10/16 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/crochet-woman-pilgrim-square/
8. Acorn Square 10/18 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/acorn-crochet-pattern-granny-square/
9. Fall Flower Square 10/20 Now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/crochet-fall-flower-granny-square/
The flat crochet joining method tutorial is now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/slip-stitch-crochet-join-for-squares/
Final pumpkin border instructions with tutorial is now on the blog: https://nanascraftyhome.com/blanket-border-crochet-pumpkin-border/
If you don’t want to wait for each individual square to be released you can now purchase the entire blanket instructions and get humming along on your throw!
My Fall Blanket uses Red Heart Super Saver* which is a medium worsted weight acrylic yarn. Very economical and with plentiful color options! You can certainly substitute your favorite worsted weight yarn – Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn!, Red Heart With Love, Paintbox Simply Aran, Vanna’s Choice, Big Twist Value, Caron Simply Soft, Caron One Pound and so many more! Raid your yarn stash – even mix and match to get your favorite fall colors!
*This post contains affiliate links. You can click on any yarn or material highlighted to purchase. I will receive a small commission if you purchase but it won’t cost you any extra! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In order to make the Fall Granny Square Blanket the same as mine you will need the following yardage:
Supplies for blanket – all 9 squares + border:
- Aran 17.5 oz / 910 yds (Cream)
- Cafe Latte 8.2 oz / 430 yds (Brown)
- Saffron 3.5 oz /185 yds (Gold)
- Tea Leaf 3.8 oz / 200 yds (Green)
- Black 4.1 oz / 215 yds (Black)
- White 0.6 oz / 315 yds (White)
- Baby Pink 0.5 oz / 26 yds (Pink)
- Carrot 7.8 oz / 410 yds (Orange)
- Burgundy 3.8 oz / 200 yds (Red)
- Oatmeal 4.0 oz / 210 yds (Tan)
Total yardage: 3,101 yards
Size I (5.5 mm) crochet hook
Stitch marker (optional)
Stitches used in this blanket:
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- tr = treble
- sc2tog = single crochet 2 sts together
- puff stitch
- MC = magic circle
- BLO = back loop only
- FLO = front loop only
The finished size of the Fall Granny Square Blanket is approximately 48″ x 48″ including the border. A good size throw – perfect for the back of a chair or sofa!
The border I used for this blanket is a brand new Pumpkin Stitch border which uses a cluster of puff stitches to create the adorable textured border!
This Fall Granny Square Blanket pattern is also available as an ad-free, printable PDF! This PDF includes all 9 individual square patterns + the joining and border instructions! You can purchase the individual pattern, or if you love PDFs, you might want to check out my Lifetime Membership. It’s an awesome deal! Never pay for one of my PDFs again!!
Purchase the ad-free pdf of my Fall Granny Square Blanket for a small fee. Thank you so much for supporting my work!
You may also like the following free crochet patterns by Nana’s Crafty Home:
- 1. Easter Square Crochet Blanket free crochet pattern
- 2. Christmas Square Crochet Blanket free crochet pattern
- 3. Pilgrim Gnome Towel Topper free crochet pattern set
I hope you enjoy making your Fall Granny Square Blanket!
Copyright 2023 Tonya Bush/Nana’s Crafty Home
Social Media links:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/829792060522798
Sign up for my Newsletter: https://nanascraftyhome.com/sign-up-for-my-free-newsletter/