The Marci Hat is in honor of my best friend from my childhood in Michigan – Marci was and is the kind of friend that even though we live far apart I know I can call her any time and pick up right where we left off. She is an inspiration in her battle with cancer and I am so happy to say she has been in remission for many years now!
The Crochet Tunisian Hat Design Details
The Marci Hat is a Tunisian Crochet pattern that features 2 different Tunisian Crochet stitches – the Tunisian Knit stitch and the Tunisian Purl Stitch. Worked from the bottom up beginning with the ribbing which is created with a combination of the two stitches giving a ribbed look. Then you will work sections of the remainder of the hat in rows of either the purl stitch or the knit stitch. The hat is worked flat and then seamed together once completed. With or without a Pom Pom it is super cute!
The Marci Hat is being shared in honor of all families battling together to fight Lung Cancer. The Color of Awareness for Lung Cancer is White.
I designed my hat with Red Heart Chic Sheep yarn*. And although Chic Sheep yarn is 100% Merino wool, I think this yarn is very soft and non-scratchy. However, you can certainly substitute a different acrylic yarn if you are concerned about scratchiness in donating to a Cancer charity. If you decide to substitute, Chic Sheep yarn is listed as a Medium 4-weight yarn but I think it works up more closely to a 3-weight.
*This post contains affiliate links. You can click on any yarn or material highlighted to purchase. I will receive a small commission if you purchase but it won’t cost you any extra!
Materials needed for the Marci Tunisian Crochet Hat
Crochet Cancer Challenge Details
Until October 26th, the Marci Tunisian Crochet Hat is being featured in the Crochet Cancer Challenge. The hat is FREE in exchange for your Pledge.
In this case, the pledge means that you will make a minimum of one hat from the design to donate to a cancer patient or center.
Update: The Cancer Challenge coupon code for the Marci Hat has now expired. However, you can now find this fun Tunisian hat FREE on my blog.
To get the pattern for FREE you must use code “CancerChallenge” at checkout through October 26th, 2020. Note: this Pattern PDF download is offered through my personal shop. My shop is set up to only allow sales with personal details such as email address, address, name, etc entered by the recipient prior to checkout. Unfortunately, that is a limitation in my shop I am not able to adjust. So, be aware that if you want to download the pattern for FREE you will need to enter that information prior to checking out. This information is not used for any purpose – I don’t use your details for any reason. Thank you for your understanding!
To check out with coupon code you will do the following:
- Click on the button below that says “Click Here”
- You will be taken to the Marci Tunisian Hat Product page in my shop
- Add pattern to your cart.
- Click “View Cart”
- In the grey box that says “Coupon Code” enter cancerchallenge in box
- Click “Apply Coupon”
- A note will pop up which will say “coupon code applied successfully”
- Click “Proceed to Checkout”
- You will then need to enter the required details prior to checking out with $0.00 price for pattern.
- Check box “I have read and agree to website terms and conditions”
- Click “Place Order”
- Once you have placed the order you will receive an email order confirmation with a link for your pattern “purchase”. It may take a few minutes to receive your order confirmation – check your email spam or junk folder just in case it ends up there.
- If you have any problems please contact me at email@example.com for assistance.
- Enjoy your free pattern & be sure to donate at least one hat that you make!
More About the Crochet Cancer Challenge
- Information explaining what the Crochet Cancer Challenge is, click HERE.
- What type of hat should I make? What Sizes? Where do I get the patterns? Click HERE.
- Yarn Recommendations to use for the hats, click HERE.
- Where should I donate my hats, click HERE.
- A fun start early project you can add to your hats, click HERE.
- Challenge others to join and get tags you can print for your hats, click HERE.
You may also like the following crochet hat patterns by Nana’s Crafty Home (and they are all FREE!):