Crochet baby blanket patterns a free crochet pattern roundup curated by Nana’s Crafty Home!
A crochet baby blanket is more than just an accessory; it becomes a cherished memento and a special gift. As the baby grows, the blanket remains a constant source of comfort, evoking memories of baby’s first days.
Handmade crochet baby blankets can become an heirloom to treasure and pass down – perfect for baby shower gifts or christening gifts.
The Timeless Artistry and Comfort of Crochet Baby Blankets
In a world where everything seems to roll off assembly lines, the art of crochet preserves traditional craftsmanship and skill. When you gift a crochet baby blanket, you’re not just giving a thoughtful and useful present – you’re keeping the flame of handmade artistry alive. And that’s what makes a handmade crochet blanket more than just a blanket; it’s a connection to tradition which adds an extra layer of thoughtfulness and heart to your gift.
The sturdy nature of crochet stitches ensures that these baby blankets can withstand the test of time. Crochet blankets can be washed and used repeatedly without losing their charm or functionality. As the years go by, the blanket may become a cherished heirloom, passed down from one generation to the next, each stitch telling a story of love and connection.
Crochet offers a wide range of patterns, colors, and designs, allowing crocheters to create a baby blanket that is perfectly unique. From delicate pastels to vibrant hues, intricate lacework to playful motifs, the possibilities are virtually limitless. Crafting a crochet baby blanket allows for creative expression and the opportunity to make a truly one-of-a-kind gift.
I have personally gifted each of my grandchildren their own unique crochet baby afghan. These blankets have been well-loved and now are put away for when they each have their own babies. It always delighted me when I saw them with the blanket I made in loving anticipation of their arrival. Each step of the process was a joy – from pouring over designs, to picking the colors and yarn and then crocheting each stitch of the blanket.
I have put together some of my favorite free easy crochet baby blanket patterns by myself and many of my fellow designers. I am sure you will find many designs that will delight all of the babies in your life!
There is something for everyone here – many with basic crochet stitches and several are crochet beginner friendly patterns! From worsted weight yarn to chunky yarn for quick makes. Several patterns include a video tutorial to help along the way. Just click on the link provided below to take you to each individual free pattern. Then find your softest, squishiest yarn and grab your crochet hook for these free crochet baby blanket patterns!
Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
1. Moogly’s Magic Rainbow Baby Blanket is a bold and beautiful delight! A fun and bold motif blanket with a join as you go technique and vibrant hues creating the perfect gift for any newborn!
2. The Bubblegum Kisses baby blanket by A Crocheted Simplicity is a free pattern for a lovely modern mitered blanket. So many different color combinations – coordinate to baby’s nursery for a perfect match. Great as a gender-neutral option as well.
3. The Easy Baby Blanket by My Crochet Space is beautifully textured with a simple one-row repeat stitch pattern! Another great option for either baby boys or baby girls!
4. The Plaza Baby Blanket by Knitting with Chopsticks features the timeless basketweave stitch with a lovely textured bobble edging. This simple textured combination is also available in 8 different sizes as well!
5. Repeat Crafter Me has a fun Lion Baby Blanket which begins with a cute lion square and then rounds of beginner-friendly double crochets stitches! Absolutely adorable and a fun addition to a wildlife-themed nursery!
6. The Flower Granny Blanket by Made by Nensi is a fabulous granny stitch blanket with a color-work twist and it would make a lovely baby blanket crochet pattern or a bright and cheerful throw!
7. Ambassador Crochet has a wonderful baby blanket option in the Sand & Sea Blanket! And I adore textured one-row repeats!
8. Grandmother’s Flower Garden Hexagon Blanket pattern by Make and Do Crew is absolutely gorgeous and a great project for your yarn scraps!
9. The Hearty Blueshell Shell Stitch Blanket by Zamiguz is a unique center-out shell stitch baby blanket in a rectangle shape! With these colors and textures it looks like a mermaid tail!
10. The Mandala Pretty Puffs Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home is a center-out square with loads of texture provided by simple puff stitches!
11. Love unique size customizable c2c blankets? The C2C Moss Stitch Blanket by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things is a simple one-row repeat combined with self-striping yarn for a beautiful baby blanket option.
13. The V With a Twist Baby Blanket by Regina P Designs has a lovely combination of stitches and it would work up quickly – perfect as a last minute great baby shower gift!
14. Speaking of lovely textured stitches, the Wrap Me in Sunshine Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home has rows of ridges, puffs and lacy open stitches! Such a fun pattern with easy color work provided by self-striping yarn. I love the added tassels!
15. I promise this baby blanket is crochet! The Striped Hearts Baby Blanket by Make it Crochet is a “looks like knit” Tunisian crochet delight! Made with just 2 Caron Big Cakes self-striping yarn!
16. The Little Dots Blanket by Sunflower Cottage Crochet comes in a baby blanket size plus 7 more sizes for more blanket options! Love the pops of texture in this one.
17. When the traditional granny squares meets a bee you get the Bumble Bee Baby Blanket by Raffamusa Designs! So easy to customize size for this sweet crochet blanket pattern.
18. The Alpine Stitch Baby Blanket by Briana K is a textured delight in one of my favorite and best crochet stitches for easy texture!
19. Looking for a baby blanket pattern with a vintage feel? The Sarah Baby Blanket by Two Brothers Blankets uses a simple stitch combination for a fabulous result!
20. The All Bobbled Up Baby Blanket by Knitter Knotter uses Bernat Baby Blanket Velvet for an extra squishy soft bobble throw!
21. The Cross My Heart Baby Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home is an heirloom-quality baby blanket with a center out Cross. Perfect choice for a baptism blanket!
22. JJ’s Blanket by Juniper & Oakes is made with stripes of the modern cluster stitch and a shell stitch border!
23. The Flower Meadow Baby Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home uses a combination of texture – the Moss Stitch for the main body of the blanket with a stunning and unique flower edge!
24. The Baby Bear Blanket by Crochet Dreamz is a soft, squishy and chunky blanket with gentle texture and a fun bear applique!
25. For you rectangle lovers, the Aurora Skies Baby Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home has such gorgeous texture made with an easy front post/back post stitch combination.
26. The Tiger Baby Blanket by Passionate Crafter is an adorable jungle themed blanket with a tiger applique and simple granny stitches!
27. Banana Moon Studio’s Blackwell Blanket is a center-out square baby blanket that includes stripes of texture made with post-stitch ribbing!
28. The Moon & Stars Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home is an adorable nursery rhyme themed baby blanket featuring a happy moon and twinkling stars!
29. The Ripple Baby Blanket by Sarah Maker has a lovely ridged ripple design. Love these colors together in this self-striping yarn!
30. The Pineapple of My Eye Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home is a fun textured puff stitch center out square blanket with a lacy edge!
31. The Multi-Color Gingham Blanket is a free crochet pattern by Daisy Farm Crafts. A modern gingham blanket perfect for so many different color combos!
Copyright 2023 Tonya Bush / Nana’s Crafty Home, LLC.
Social Media links:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/829792060522798
Sign up for my Newsletter: https://nanascraftyhome.com/sign-up-for-my-free-newsletter/