Malachi the Merry Moose C2C Blanket is an easy corner to corner crochet blanket pattern. This crochet Christmas Moose blanket is made with the mini half double crochet c2c (corner to corner) crochet stitch technique. One of my very favorite color work techniques! Pattern pdf includes links to photo and video tutorials for every step of working a c2c graph pattern with complete stitch tutorials.
The Christmas light bulb strands are crocheted separately in small amounts of different colored yarn (great for scraps!) and then sewn to the top of the moose’s antlers for a fun and whimsical final touch!
The finished dimensions of this square crochet Christmas Moose blanket after the addition of the border is 41” x 41”. The easiest way to make this throw larger is simply by using the double crochet c2c stitch instead of the hdc stitch. Border is a the easy Ric Rac Border with a two-round repeat.
Level: Easy Language: American US Crochet terminology
- Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! Weight 4/Medium (100% acrylic) 7 oz / 355 yards
- Mid Green 17 oz / 865 yards (G)
- Cinnamon 4.0 oz / 205 yards (BR)
- Light Taupe 3.0 oz / 155 yards (T)
- Coffee 3.0 oz / 155 yards (DB)
- Red 5.2 oz / 270 yards (R)
- Black 0.5 oz / 26 yards (BL)
- White 2.8 oz / 145 yards (W)
- Keylime 0.2 oz / 10 yards (lime)
- Royal 0.2 oz / 10 yards (blue)
- Buttercup 0.2 oz / 10 yards (yellow)
Weight 4/medium worsted total yardage: approx 36.1 oz / 1851 yards
Size I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook
Approximate finished size: 41″ x 41″