The Christmas Tree Towel Topper would make an adorable addition to your Christmas holiday kitchen home decor.
So many possible variations! Add a gnome nose for a Christmas tree hat gnome towel topper! Decorate in so many different ways!
This fun and festive Christmas Tree Towel Topper is worked from the top down in the round. A “hidden” craft ring is crocheted into the tree which allows the towel to be removable for easy washing.
The tree base is worked in alternating rounds of back loop only and then you will come back to crochet the “branches” of the tree into the unused front loop from top to bottom. Adds so much fun texture to your tree!
So much versatility with this crochet Christmas Tree pattern. You can leave it undecorated, add a myriad of different decorations or even add a gnome nose for a Christmas tree hat Gnome towel topper for a fun twist!
The tree topper is a very easy mini star appliqué. You could make several in multiple colors and sew to the outside of the tree for decoration.
Language: American US Crochet terminology
Yarn: #4 Medium acrylic or cotton yarn
Supplies used for my towel topper
- I Love This Yarn, Weight 4/Medium (100% acrylic 7 oz / 355 yards)
- Keylime 2.5 oz / 130 yards (Green)
- Red 0.1 oz / 5 yards (Red)
- Buttercup 0.1 oz / 5 yards (Yellow)
- For Gnome Option add: Linen 0.1 oz / 5 yards (Cream)
- Size I (5.5 mm) crochet hook
- 1 – 3” plastic ring
- 1 – 3/4” button
- Embroidery floss for sewing on button
- 1 – decorative kitchen Towel
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch Markers
- For Gnome option: small amount of poly-fil for nose
Yarn substitutions: Substitute any acrylic or cotton medium weight yarn you have on hand
Approximate finished size: 9” tall x 6” wide at base (not including hanging tab and towel)